Here’s what has happened since our last update.
- Melvin and Sheila Lehman, AIM board member, visited for a week. They spent time with the team and old acquaintances. Laverns went with them to Gdansk for two days. Unfortunately, Lavern’s faithful van was stolen there, and hasn’t been recovered.
- Laverns hosted the end of the year barbecue for the English school. About 20 students and their families joined us for food and games. It was a beautiful evening of socializing outside the context of the classroom. Many students are already talking about coming back next year for lessons!
- Marlin Hostetter from PA has arrived to be one of the new teachers. He’s living in the summer cabin where John Smuckers used to live, and is taking daily Polish lessons. He also spends time at school in English classes, getting oriented in teaching. We are so grateful for him coming!
- Jewel went to the US for 3 weeks over the time of her sister’s wedding. Anita went to be with her family in Ireland for 10 days.
- Two Amish young men came to help with the remodeling in Lavern’s house. They are living with Marlin in the cabin and plan to stay as long as it takes to do the job.
As mentioned above, Lavern & Lolita’s van was recently stolen. If you would like to contribute toward a replacement, please contact Matthew Mast at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-789-4394 for more information.
In addition, there is still a need for additional funds for the remodeling project on Lavern & Lolita’s house. For more information or to make a contribution, visit their gofundme project.
We are still seeking additional financial support for Jonathan & Heather. To date, we have received pledges or donations for $23,000 of the $33,500 needed for the first year of Jonathan & Heather’s time in Poland. To discuss the possibility of pledging ongoing support, please contact Matthew Mast at email@example.com or 814-789-4394.
Our prayer and praise requests are updated at www.aimpoland.org/pray/.