Here’s what has happened since our last update.
- Relationships with our English students continue to be the high points of our days. The teachers have had invitations to several students’ homes for a meal and socializing. The camaraderie in the groups during their lessons shows us that we are providing more than English, but also a safe atmosphere to interact with people.
- Regina returned to Ireland, having completed two years teaching Lavern’s children. She will return for July and August for VBS and Hope Singers.
- In past years, the church planned a conference every two years. Last year, it was such a rich fellowship that people asked for it to be held every year. We held it May 16-18, and Jonathan had four sessions speaking about the Holy Spirit. There were people who had come before, plus some new ones. It was a beautiful time of spiritual and social refreshment for everyone.
- The English school will be in session until the end of June. We are eagerly waiting for Marlin Hosteter’s arrival on June 8. He will join the teaching team and live in the cabin in the woods for the summer.
- We are gearing up for two weeks of VBS in July, which will be staffed by both American and Polish volunteers. After that we’ll be preparing for three weeks of touring for Hope Singers.
We are still seeking additional financial support for Jonathan and Heather. To date, we have received pledges or donations for $23,000 of the $33,500 needed for the first year of Jonathan and Heather’s time in Poland. If the Lord leads you to partner with AIM in this way, please communicate your pledge by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 814-789-4394.
We are looking for a school teacher for the children of AIM staff. If you know of anyone who might be interested or would like more information, please contact AIM. A two-year commitment is required.
Our prayer and praise requests are updated at www.aimpoland.org/pray/.