Here’s what happened in May 2015:
- The school children practiced long for their end-of-the-year concert. Sarah taught singing and violin and Hadassah taught piano, so this was a chance for their students to show us their talented progress.
- Dervin’s parents and sister came for a week’s visit. Among other things, they visited Krakow and cooked a special meal for the school teachers.
- Anita’s paternal grandfather died, so she was in the US for a week for the funeral. During the same time, Jewel’s paternal grandmother died, so she left for a three-week visit that included the funeral and a close friend’s wedding.
- Ria Wadel was here this month to visit old friends, fill in at school for absent teachers, and help Lavern’s. It was easy for her to find her place again since she has taught here before.
Jonathan’s friend, Brady Hochstetler, came for a flying trip. They were able to cover a lot of ground quickly by traveling on the bullet train from Krakow to Gdańsk.
- The news of the month was the long-awaited arrival of Charis Hope, 5th child of Lavern and Lolita! She was born on Sunday, May 24. Her family is thrilled to finally be able to cuddle her, as well as welcome Lolita’s mom, who is visiting for three weeks over this time.
Financial and Material Needs
God has been gracious over the past year and our financial needs have been well supplied. In the next month, income from English lessons will be ending for the summer while most expenses continue. This means that over the next few months our available funds will likely be used up. In addition, for the fiscal year that began July 1, 2014, and ends June 30, 2015, we have a difference between income and actual expenses of $8,000. We would like to close that gap by the end of June.
Some supporters of AIM make monthly financial contributions for which we are very grateful. We seek additional supporters who will commit to regular giving.
Donations can be earmarked for staff support, Gateway to English, or Seed of Truth.
To make a donation using PayPal, please visit our contact page.
Our prayer and praise requests are updated at www.aimpoland.org/pray/.